The tissue adhesive Histoacryl® consists of monomeric n-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate, which polymerises quickly in connection with tissue fluid. Histoacryl® is available in two colours: translucent, special for facial application, and blue, which enables an easy control over the quantity applied in different indications approved.
- Wound closure in one minute
- Significant less pain than suture materials
- Effective microbial barrier
- Storage at room temperature
- High level of patient and physician satisfaction
- Save time and costs
- Only one layer is needed
- Histoacryl® can be used for closure of endoscopic incisions
- For bleeding and non-bleeding varices
- Combined therapy with Histoacryl® and conventional sclerosation therapy is possible
- Final hemostasis is achieved in >90% of cases
- Lower rebleeding rate than with band ligation
- Non-invasive method reported to be better tolerated by the patient than traditional fixation methods
- Stand-alone fixation method in different hernia repair techniques
- Comparable recurrence rate than with traditional fixation methods
- Low intra- and postoperative morbidity
- Reduced risk of post-operative chronic pain compared to traditional fixation methods
- Decreased surgery time compared to traditional fixation methods
- Good biocompatibility and in vivo tolerance
- Skin Closure: Closure of skin wounds without tension (including clean surgical incisions and incisions from minimally invasive surgery), and simple, thoroughly cleansed, trauma-induced lacerations.
- Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy of large oesophageal or fundal varices.
- Mesh fixation: Fixation of hernia meshes, especially in inguinal hernia surgery.